Tuesday 18 February 2014

Quetzales the currency of the ephemeral...

This blog is more than just the waiting for the next day or the search for the elusive national bird and namesake of the guatemalan currency the Quetzales, it is the pause in the journey where we start down the real story into Guatemala's history and culture that backdrops why I am in this country and the lasting effect it has had on my direction..


See I am not a vigilante but I am passionate about lots of things...

People ask me why am I not out helping the poor or the sick or the needy? I guess because I think there are a lot of able, amazing people out there who would use a lot less energy to create a much deeper, more lasting effect that will in turn help greater numbers of people. I believe in the domino effect, the butterfly principle and finding what is really ones calling.

I dont know if I have really found it yet but this journey certainly is shaping me...


We waited in what was now a very high mountain area exploring the rich vegetation.  Where in Tikal it is hot, steamy and wet, just two hours north-east of  here, now it was much colder, though still wet, wet wet...











The bird... as a few of us die hards tried again to see it at dawn, having failed at sunset...well.. I think our young mascot here still in his jammies...is, by coincidence, as close as we actually got to seeing the birds. Though they could just be spotted flitting way up high in the very tall trees of the canopy, backlit by light... so really its anybody's guess but what we did spot DID have the long tail! But yeah that is about as close to the bird as we really managed...unless you count the dead stuffed one in a glass bow in the little hut with the tail feathers falling out...?


samjewel.com


No comments:

Post a Comment